3 Runes Oracle




About the Runes Oracle

Runes are an ancient Islandic script, traditionally associated with magic and divination, particularly in Norse and other Germanic cultures. They were used for inscriptions and were believed to have magical properties. The runic alphabets vary, but the Elder Futhark (EF), the oldest form, consists of 24 runes. Each rune symbolizes not just a sound but also a concept or entity, such as a natural force or a god. Runes were used in rituals and were believed to have the power to predict the future, protect, or bring about change.

The Runes were described in the Medieval Icelandic literary work, in the Poetic Edda (PE) which is a source of Norse mythology and practical wisdom attributed to the god Odin.
2.138 I know that I hung on a wind-swept tree nine long nights, pierced by a spear, consecrated to Odin, myself to myself, on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.
2.139 No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn, downwards I peered; I took up the runes, screaming I took them, then I fell back from there.
2.140 Nine mighty spells I learned from the famous son of Bolthorn, Bestla's father, and I got a drink of the precious mead, poured from Odrerir.
2.141 Then I began to grow and to gain in wisdom, to wax eke in well-being; word by word I found me words, deed by deed I found me deeds.
2.142 Runes you will find and readable staves, very strong staves, very stout staves, that stained the mighty wise one and were made by the gods and Odin graved them.
2.143 Odin among the Aesir, but among the elves, Dain, Dvalin for the dwarfs, Asvid for the giants, and I, myself, graved some.
2.144 Know you how to write, know you how to read, Know you how to paint, know you how to prove, Know you how to ask, know you how to offer, Know you how to send, know you how to spend?




******



Ask 1 Rune


Set up a meeting with Yogini.

It will inspire me if you donate:




Popular Posts

1 Rune Oracle